How To Be a Lady: 30 Lady Rules To Build a Beautiful Life On
It’s not just learning makeup and setting girly goals. Here’s how to be a lady everyone wants to talk to.
Researched, written by Amber & The Team
Updated on February 22, 2024
// We recommend helpful products in our articles. Read our full disclosure here.
How to be a lady and show a great example to others with your life?
Being a lady is not just about learning makeup and setting girly goals.
There are a few things, a few beautiful lady rules you can follow to build a life full of success, happiness, and self-respect.
I remember when I was a young girl and didn’t know much about how to be a lady and how to present myself to the world… I felt clueless and made a ton of mistakes that I later regretted.
But that’s just dust in the wind because most importantly, I didn’t know to respect myself and how to grow into the lady I want to be.
Truth be told, I didn’t even know how to handle life like a lady.
These are the most important lady rules I have learned in 30 years of my life.
Here’s how to be a lady – and CHEERS to being a lady!
How To Be a Lady With Your Philosophy
- When someone helps you (especially when times are rough), hold on to this person, and give back whenever they need you as well.
- Never make a promise when you are happy, and never make a decision when you’re angry.
Don’t let your mood affect your choices.
- Always be nice to people, even if they have wronged you.
Your behavior should reflect your character, not theirs.
- Protect your personal space, and don’t be afraid to have a life away from your significant other.
They don’t have to go everywhere with you.
- Live your life as you want to, don’t choose a profession or life partner based on what others will think (in fact, you should never care what others think about you).
- Make it your lady rule to put down your phone for a few hours per day, and focus on the world around you.
- Surround yourself with loving, supportive people who inspire you to be a better person.
- Find happiness in your alone time – ot every moment of the day needs to be spent with people, and you should learn to enjoy your own company.
How To Be a Lady With Your Etiquette
- When you’re out for dinner with anyone, don’t start applying your makeup at the table.
Instead, excuse yourself and go to the restroom to freshen up.
- Don’t hang around at a party waiting for someone to leave if you want to go home early.
You can politely tell the host that you loved the party and leave whenever the fu** you want.
- When in conversation, try to ask questions and allow people to speak.
Be a good listener – it always pays off.
- Make it a habit to hold the door for anyone behind you, even if it is a man.
- When you are sitting in a gathering, focus on the conversation, and keep all the distractions away (yes, your phone too).
- Give up your seat for the elderly on the subway, or give a place in the queue to someone who is in a hurry.
Every girl should make it their lady rule to be considerate of others.
Trust me, it will take you a long way.
How To Be a Lady With Your Style
- Every lady should invest in a good pair of shoes that she can depend on.
It’s good to splurge on something that will last you a long time.
- Many ladies have a ton of clothes that aren’t that suitable for their body type… As a lady rule, don’t wear anything that doesn’t accentuate your beauty. (P.S. here’s how to develop a great dressing sense).
- Always dress appropriately for the occasion.
- Wear comfortable shoes, because the wrong pair of shoes will irritate you throughout the day and it can hurt your spine in the long run.
How To Be a Lady With Your Self Care
- Take some time every day just for yourself and spend this time on things that truly matter to you.
It may be yoga, makeup, cooking, or just chilling on the couch with your favorite novel. Just be with yourself daily.
- Make it your lady rule to always wear an adequate amount of sunscreen.
Your skin will thank you in 20 years!
- Don’t skip exercise, even if it’s the last thing you want to do. Working out, even for just a few minutes per day will keep you healthy.
- Keep your nails neatly trimmed and manicured at all times (just because you respect yourself).
- Always wear deodorant.
- Learn a proper technique to do makeup and practice in your spare time.
Create your own, signature look.
- Wash your hair regularly, and don’t wait for anyone to tell you that your hair looks like a mess.
- Make it your lady rule to moisturize your skin every single day, even if you have oily skin.
- Never go to bed without removing your makeup.
I know, it’s a hassle to clean your skin when all you want is to sleep, but you will be glad that you did it!
How To Be a Lady Everyone Remembers
- Hand-written notes are one of the best expressions of love and care for someone.
Write letters to people who truly matter to you.
- People will definitely remember you if you will be respectful towards everyone, no matter who they are.
- Create your own lady rules too because you’re the only one who knows what’s important to you, and that’s admirable.
How To Be a Lady: Conclusion
As you can see, being a lady is closely related to setting your boundaries, and respecting yourself and other people.
If you like these, I think you would also love 10 Etiquette Rules Of a High-Class Lady – give it a check!
… Or scroll down below for even more tips to discover!
Shared by Amber, editor-in-chief at ShineSheets.com