Hi! You just discovered a place where everything you see is created for you and your fantastic personal growth story.
My name is Amber (or Gintarė if you want to use my native name which means the exact same thing and is complete torture to pronounce ☺️).
I am a personal development blogger and also a creator, writer and designer of this site.
I created this website to help women find motivation, information, and helpful resources they need to change their mindset, become happier, get organized, improve their looks and stay inspired to go after their dream life.
About seven years ago, when I was just a young girl finishing university, I had to face serious problems. My first entrepreneur attempt has failed, I was facing a broken dream, a severe debt, crippling anxiety, and my dad got diagnosed with cancer.
I still remember myself crying in the balcony of my small, rented apartment, thinking that the good part of my life is over. I couldn’t accept the fact that I was the one who didn’t make it with her idea, the one who jumped into the debt to save it (unsuccessfully), and the one who’s going to face the reality of having a cancer patient in her family.
I wasn’t ready. I was terribly afraid. And I gave up almost instantly.
The Rock Bottom
Those problems struck me like lightning. In a matter of just a few months, I changed – a lot. I went from a confident, healthy and hopeful young girl to a scared, anxious, depressed insomniac who binged on pizza every night just because it was cheap and numbed the sadness for a few minutes.
I was apathetic, tired, and lazy. Every day felt like another battle facing hungry creditors, angry clients, and trips to the hospital where I was helping my dad go through chemo.
I dreaded every morning and waited for evenings like they were a miracle… Because it was a time when I would drown myself in video games just to forget my problems for a few hours.
If I were still living like this, you wouldn’t hear from me now. I would still be drowning in my fear. Maybe I would have been gone long ago… If I have settled with being unhappy.
It took me a while, it took some willpower, but I decided to STOP being a victim. I promised myself to stop whining about things that made me unhappy and do anything I can to change it. If I can. And if I can’t – then I don’t need to suffer twice for something that can’t be changed.
And I did it by focusing on these things:
1. Becoming obsessed with self-improvement, both inside and out
2. Planning & organizing my life
3. Journaling & healing my mindset through compassion and self-therapy
4. Practicing genuine self care, meditation, mindfulness and self-love
On a nice spring morning of the year 2018, I created ShineSheets – to share what I’ve learned and to help other people achieve the change they need in THEIR life.
No matter where YOU are in your life right now, no matter what you go through, no matter how big or small your problems are – debt, health issues, conflicts, unemployment, being overweight, feeling unattractive, struggling to quit bad habits, panic attacks, anxiety, feeling insecure, being pushed, procrastination, ANYTHING – don’t let yourself settle with this.
Even if you feel like you can’t change your situation / don’t have what it takes / it seems impossible – it might NOT be true and the brighter day is just around the corner if you are willing to look for it.
I don’t claim that my methods work 100% for everyone, but there’s one universal thing – in order to change, you need knowledge, and tools that can help you. I wouldn’t be able to change so quickly if I relied only on my own understanding.
If you want to change, the most important thing is that spark, the decision to stop settling with what makes you unhappy. Sometimes it’s enough to just really want to change.
But once you have it, you need to start gathering knowledge, broadening up your view and start acting. If you need a little push to do that, get something that can help you start today. Here are a few fast, actionable solutions that I can give you right now:
1. TO STOP GOING DOWN and START GOING UP – go to my Blog and start reading! I share a ton of useful information every week and most of it are concentrated, actionable ideas that can help you do something small to improve yourself every day. At this moment, you can read about personal development, mental health, planning, organization, beauty improvement, health, self care and self confidence topics on the Blog.
2. TO PLAN & ORGANIZE YOUR LIFE – start with something simple, like planning your month (here’s a beautiful, FREE printable I created for you!) or organizing your closet. Set up your first planner – you can check out my Planning printable Super Pack a lot of beautiful, minimalistic planners ready made for you to use. Or, if you’re ready to do a bigger life makeover, grab the Ultimate Printable Super Pack – it has every single tool from ShineSheets and you’ll get 320+ pages for planning, self care, anxiety, mindset, goals and self discovery!
3. TO HEAL YOUR MINDSET – start reading self help books every day and try journaling. Become obsessed with self care because you probably don’t take enough of it. If you can, start meditating every day (you can look for guided meditations on Youtube to get started!).
Even if you choose to do nothing, know that you can always start whenever you want to.
Whatever you do, just never settle with being unhappy. A lot of things can be changed and the only way out of the dump is to climb up.
So gather your strength, pretty. Use it. FIGHT BACK.
P. S. Looking for the next step? Here you go: