Hi pretty! I know I talk a lot about being comfortable in your own skin but leaving a good impression is just as important. We encounter social situations every day and meet new people regularly, so knowing how to leave a good impression can be a huge bonus in your life.
A good first impression can lead you to new friendships, romantic relationships, job opportunities, side gigs, and overall a more fun social life.
Now I know a lot of my beloved readers are anxious little souls who often struggle with social anxiety too. If you’re one of them, it doesn’t mean this list doesn’t fit you. Quite the opposite – it can give you do-able, easy ideas on how to act in those anxious social situations, especially if you encounter a new person or have a job interview. P.S. – if something is making you super anxious today, check out these resources to relax and get a relief:
Even if you manage to use just a few tips from this list, it’s already a bonus on your impression game. But if you can implement most of them, then you will leave an absolutely amazing impression on anyone you meet in your life!
– – – – – – – – –
So here are the things you can do to leave an unforgettable impression:
1. Watch your body language.
2. Talk in a calm, light and friendly tone.
3. Try to be a good listener.
4. Greet with a smile.
5. Don’t talk only about yourself.
6. Ask questions and show genuine interest.
7. Make sure your shoes are clean…
8. … your clothes are ironed and fresh…
9. … your hair and nails – clean and tidy.
10. Put on a mist of perfume (just don’t overdo it).
11. Use his / her / their name.
12. Don’t talk about the subjects you don’t understand well.
13. Be transparent and open.
14. Don’t be afraid to laugh at yourself.
15. Try to find a common ground.
16. Make him / her / them feel important.
17. Stand and sit straight.
18. If there is an activity going on, try to actively engage in it.
19. Be honest but also a little blunt (to make a statement).
20. Try to be positive and have fun.
Read more: 5 ways to stay positive with gratitude
21. If you are shy, smile even more!
22. Be helpful and empathetic.
23. Remember the name!
24. Offer a firm but gentle handshake.
25. Don’t forget to be yourself.
Read more: How to be more comfortable in your own skin
– – – – – – – – – –
And here is the image you can pin to your Pinterest for later use (I guarantee you will need it at some point soon):
I hope you like this list! What leaves a good impression to you when you meet new people? Share in a comment section at the bottom.