Some people are born smart. Some have to learn it on their own.
Being smart is not an easy skill to master, but it’s something that you can benefit from your whole life.
And while it doesn’t happen overnight, there are certain habits you can develop to become a smarter woman day by day.
Here’s a list of 99 habits that can help you to:
- feed your brain
- make smarter decisions
- increase your knowledge
- be more informed
99 Habits That Will Make You a Smarter Woman
1. Read books daily.
2. Do one self improvement act daily.
3. Analyze your mistakes and learn from them.
4. Keep yourself informed about the things that are going in the world.
5. Read about politics and your country affairs.
6. Always go to vote.
7. Recycle your trash.
8. Create a plan before doing anything.
9. Always focus on the positives.
10. Participate in interesting discussions.
11. Always look for something new to learn.
12. Learn about food additives and start reading food labels.
13. Keep an updated survival bag.
This one deserves extra attention so I might just interfere here! Keeping a survival kit or box is extremely important.
You never know when a hurricane, earthquake, mass fire or another disaster might happen so it’s best to have a prepared kit ready.
For a good survival kit, make a list of things you might need (long shelf life food, a knife, fire starting kit, basic medicine and similar). Then put it all in a backpack and keep it in an easily accesable place.
Once you have your survival kit, keep it updated – regularly review the items in it and add anything you think could be useful in extra situations.
Please don’t skip this – it can save your life!
14. Play chess or other strategic games regularly.
15. Always try to think outside the box.
16. Hang out with smart people.
18. Meditate daily.
19. Eat healthy & exercise.
20. Download IQ improvement apps on your phone.
21. Practise to express your opinion without getting offended.
22. Read self improvement blogs.
23. Regularly do new self improvement activities.
24. Journal daily.
25. Stop caring about what other people think.
26. Don’t involve yourself in dangerous things.
27. Educate yourself about the topic before making important decisions.
29. Take proper rest every day.
30. Develop a morning routine.
31. Always listen before you speak.
34. If you’re failing at something, try to learn and improve before giving up.
35. Think of difficult situations as a way to become stronger.
36. Think of new ways to do old things.
37. Listen to an audiobook on your daily commute (P. S. You can get a free 30-day Amazon Audible trial + 2 FREE audiobooks! Click here to sign up for FREE).
38. Be selective about things you do, eat or use.
39. Watch less TV.
40. Practice self care daily.
Related: Why is self care so important
41. Always try to eat intuitively.
42. Read the news every morning.
43. Always notice your emotions and accept them (they are all valid).
45. Stop overthinking by getting back to present moment.
46. Never skip your breakfast.
47. Limit your smartphone use.
48. Look for new hobbies that feed your brain.
49. Read philosophy works.
50. Follow NASA news, missions and findings.
51. Watch smart and informative Youtube channels.
53. Exercise your memory.
54. Be curious about everything.
55. But also be a little sceptical too.
56. Always look for ways to work smarter, not harder.
57. Build up your library or become a member of a local one.
58. Read e-books.
59. Before doing something new, do a good research.
60. When looking for information, choose sources that are trusted or official.
62. Learn about human psychology and latest findings.
63. Accept the fact that some people are bad – and move on with it every time.
64. Ask for help when you need it.
65. If you can, teach others about things you know.
66. Spend more time on things you’re good at.
67. Grab a dictionary daily and learn a new word.
68. Practice your writing skills.
70. Always write down everything.
71. If you need to work with a lot of information, always systemize it first.
72. Travel and explore new places whenever you can.
73. Memorize core points of your city map.
74. Memorize important numbers.
75. Create and keep a planner to spend your time well.
76. Educate yourself about cosmos, universe and time theories.
77. Work on your willpower.
78. Never give up until you have a 100% proof that it’s time to stop trying.
79. Don’t be afraid to give or receive constructive criticism.
81. Refresh your basic knowledge in biology, math, chemics and geography.
82. Learn about the way other cultures live and implement what’s best in your own life.
83. Start saving a little money every month.
84. Go through a first aid course at least once a year (or just make sure you always remember how it’s done).
85. Always focus on one thing.
86. Learn new languages.
87. Listen to podcasts or audio books while commuting.
88. Think well about the things you’re posting on social media.
89. Trust but be cautious at the same time.
90. Regularly have a day when you try to live your life without technology.
91. Do something to improve your mental strength daily.
92. Brainstorm new ideas when you feel stuck.
93. Discover and accept yourself completely.
94. Prioritize your health over goals.
95. Always be selective about things you read or watch.
96. Value and make use of other people knowledge.
97. Try to always have a few options for everything.
98. Instead of feeling sorry for yourself, look for a solution.
99. Accept the fact that it’s impossible to be 100% smart.
Wow, don’t you feel a little smarter just by reading this list? 🙂
Now make this last! Take one thing from this list and make it a habit.
Scroll down for more tips!