99 Habits That Will Make You a Smarter Woman + FREE Printable List
ShineSheets is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commision at no extra cost to you. Read our full disclosure.
Some people are so smart – it’s like they were born with a computer in their head! But all of the others have to learn things on their own.
Being smart is not an easy skill to master, but it’s something that you can benefit from in your whole life.
And while it doesn’t happen overnight, there are certain habits you can develop to become a smarter person day by day.
Here’s a list of 99 habits that can help you to:
- feed your brain
- make smarter decisions
- increase your knowledge
- be more informed
99 Habits That Will Make You a Smarter Person
1. Read books daily.
2. Do one self improvement act daily.
3. Analyze your mistakes and learn from them.
4. Keep yourself informed about the things that are going on in the world.
5. Read about the politics and your country’s affairs.
6. Always go to vote.
7. Recycle your trash.
8. Create a plan before doing anything.
9. Always focus on the positives.
10. Participate in interesting discussions.
11. Always look for something new to learn.
12. Learn about the food additives and start reading food labels.
13. Keep an updated survival bag.
14. Play chess or other strategic games regularly.
15. Always try to think outside the box.
16. Hang out with smart people.
18. Meditate daily.
19. Eat healthy & exercise.
20. Try IQ improvement apps on your phone.
21. Practice expressing your opinion without getting offended.
22. Read self-improvement blogs.
23. Regularly do new self improvement activities.
24. Journal daily!
Just a little bit on why this is important…
Journaling is one of the best ways to relieve stress and control anxiety + negative thinking (all of these mental states can influence you to make unwise decisions). It’s also one of the best ways to improve your resilience.
The problem with journaling is that many people don’t know how to do it. This is why I created a lot of printable mental health journals that show you exactly how to journal, including journal prompts, mental wellness trackers, and other helpful templates.
If you want to become a smarter person, I highly recommend the Thought Workbook:
This printable journal will teach you how to think rationally in any situation, so you don’t have to be stressed, anxious or overwhelmed when it’s not helpful. It can also help you to notice and get rid of unhelpful thinking patterns that may be limiting you in your life.
26. Don’t involve yourself in dangerous things.
27. Educate yourself about the topic before making important decisions.
29. Take proper rest every day.
30. Develop a morning routine.
31. Always listen before you speak.
34. If you’re failing at something, try to learn and improve before giving up.
35. Think of difficult situations as a way to become stronger.
36. Think of new ways to do old things.
37. Listen to an audiobook on your daily commute (P. S. You can get a free 30-day Amazon Audible trial + 2 FREE audiobooks! Sign up for FREE).
38. Be selective about things you do, eat or use.
39. Watch less TV.
40. Practice self care daily.
Related: Why is self care so important
41. Always try to eat intuitively.
42. Read the news every morning.
43. Always notice your emotions and accept them (they are all valid).
45. Stop overthinking by getting back to the present moment.
46. Never skip your breakfast.
47. Limit your smartphone use.
48. Look for new hobbies that feed your brain.
49. Read philosophy works.
50. Follow NASA news, missions, and findings.
51. Watch smart and informative Youtube channels.
52. Soak up knowledge regularly on Quora.
53. Exercise your memory.
54. Be curious about everything.
55. But also be a little skeptical too.
56. Always look for ways to work smarter, not harder.
57. Build up your library or become a member of a local one.
58. Read e-books.
59. Before doing something new, do good research.
60. When looking for information, choose sources that are trusted or official.
62. Learn about human psychology and the latest findings.
63. Accept the fact that some people are bad – and move on with it every time.
64. Ask for help when you need it.
65. If you can, teach others about things you know.
66. Spend more time on things you’re good at.
67. Grab a dictionary daily and learn a new word.
68. Practice your writing skills.
70. Always write down everything.
71. If you need to work with a lot of information, always systemize it first.
72. Travel and explore new places whenever you can.
73. Memorize the core points of your city map.
74. Memorize important numbers.
75. Create and keep a planner to spend your time well.
76. Educate yourself about the cosmos, the universe, and time theories.
77. Work on your willpower.
78. Never give up until you have 100% proof that it’s time to stop trying.
79. Don’t be afraid to give or receive constructive criticism.
81. Refresh your basic knowledge in biology, math, chemics, and geography.
82. Learn about the way other cultures live and implement what’s best in your own life.
83. Start saving a little money every month.
84. Go through a first aid course at least once a year (or just make sure you always remember how it’s done).
85. Always focus on one thing.
86. Learn new languages.
87. Listen to podcasts or audiobooks while commuting.
88. Think well about the things you’re posting on social media.
89. Trust but be cautious at the same time.
90. Regularly have a day when you try to live your life without technology.
91. Do something to improve your mental strength daily.
92. Brainstorm new ideas when you feel stuck.
93. Discover and accept yourself completely.
94. Prioritize your health over goals.
95. Always be selective about things you read or watch.
96. Value and make use of other people’s knowledge.
97. Try to always have a few options for everything.
98. Instead of feeling sorry for yourself, look for a solution.
99. Accept the fact that it’s impossible to be 100% smart.
Wow, don’t you feel a little smarter just by reading this list? 🙂
Now make this last! Take one thing from this list and make it a habit. Grab that Thought Workbook to get rid of irrational thinking. Sign up for that political newsletter. Make it a goal to learn something new every day. Make your intelligence shine on others! You have all that it takes.
Like these tips? Scroll down for more!