If you are fighting extremely dry skin, you’ve probably tried every cosmetic product on the market that promises you *miracle hydration*. However, a lot of those products are not offering deep cellular hydration, which makes them more than… useless. Furthermore, some of them have high amounts of chemicals that have the power to worsen skin dryness and further irritate your already irritated skin.
This is where natural remedies for dry skin come to shine. In addition to regular skincare, natural skincare products can cure a lot of your dry skin problems! Read on to find out some tips and tricks on how you can combat skin dryness naturally, safely, and at home.
Natural Remedies For Dry Skin: The Mini Guide
How Do Natural Ingredients Soothe Dry, Irritated Skin?
Our skin naturally produces sebum, an oil meant to protect skin from moisture loss. Due to various external factors, sebum production might not be as effective as it should be, leading to extremely dry skin. There are a couple of ways to re-establish the sebum protection barrier on our skin and one of them is by using natural ingredients, primarily – various oils and moisture-binding agents.
DIY And Natural Remedies For Dry Skin: Hydrate, Soothe, Calm!
1. Natural Olive Oil To Deep-Clean And Soothe Dry Skin
Olive oil is a great natural moisturizer for dry skin and it can be used as a natural cleanser too. By adding olive oil cleanse as an extra step in your skincare routine, you can naturally boost the moisture levels of your skin and help it to rebuild its barrier faster.
Here’s how to use olive oil as a soothing facial cleanser for dry skin
- Apply and massage olive oil all over your skin.
- Place a warm (not hot!) cloth on your face for a couple of minutes until it cools off.
- After that, wipe the excess oil away (and you can also apply a few more drops once your face is clean).
Both olive oil, sweet almond oil, and avocado oil are some of the best natural remedies for dry skin, so do enjoy their nutritious power to heal and soothe your dry skin! Coconut oil is also great and is particularly recommended for those with atopic dermatitis, an allergic skin condition that has a major effect on dryness and itching.
2. DIY Healthy Avocado Mask
This is one of the fastest natural remedies for dry skin that can be swiftly made using a good old ripe avocado. Avocados are very nourishing and moisturizing for dry skin, all thanks to the high contents of Omega acids and natural oils. You can use this mask every day to give your skin a recovery boost and relieve itchiness.
How to do the avocado mask for dry skin
- You will need half an avocado and a tablespoon of honey.
- Mix these ingredients and apply them to your face.
- Allow them to work their magic for around 20 minutes.
- After washing it off, you will feel how your skin is moisturized and it should also look less dull.
3. DIY Natural, Moisturizing Sugar Scrub For Dry Skin
Skin dryness comes with a bundle of residues that remain on your face. Those can worsen the condition, which is why it is best to gently remove flakes and dead skin cells at least twice a week, using a natural homemade sugar scrub.
Note – when using sugar for dry skin, it’s important to be very gentle to avoid any extra irritation.
How to use sugar scrub as a remedy for dry skin
- Mix half a cup of sugar with 4 tablespoons of olive oil and gently rub the mixture on your face, then wash it with warm water.
- After exfoliating your skin with this natural scrub, it is best to apply a moisturizer in order to preserve the benefits of freshly exfoliated skin. Olive oil works great if you want to continue completely natural nourishment.
4. Aloe Vera Is One Of The Best Natural Remedies For Dry Skin… Ever!
Usually, Aloe Vera gel is used for sunburns, but it also has a multitude of other beneficial effects on dry skin. Aloe Vera is great for diminishing redness, irritation, and acne that is a result of the extreme dryness of your skin (this type of acne occurs when your skin is trying to compensate for the lack of moisture by producing more sebum). Aloe vera can also hydrate even the most sensitive skin without extra irritation. For the best results, and a completely clean skincare approach, it is best to choose 100% natural aloe vera gel:
To use it, apply liberally (even a few times a day) and you will feel how your skin gradually becomes fresh, moisturized, and happy!
One More Thing About Natural Remedies For Dry Skin…
If you can, look for items that are organic in order to avoid any side effects. Dry skin is easily irritated, so it’s best to be as gentle with it as possible.
Also, do not be afraid to try more natural remedies from your kitchen – dry skin can benefit greatly from many natural ingredients such as honey, egg yolk, coconut oil, papaya, greek yogurt, oatmeal, and even milk! If it’s good for your belly, it’s probably good for your skin. Why not feed it then?
Like these natural remedies for dry skin? Scroll down for more!