The Power Of Anxiety Journal + Where To Get One ASAP
In this post, we may use links to the products we find helpful or cute.
Chronic anxiety sucks. Constant worry, nervousness, stress – it’s tiring and sometimes can cause you to lose control. If you came to read this, you probably know that anxiety is very common today.
The pressure of succeeding, getting good jobs, high-powered careers or perfect bodies put immense pressure on all of us.
You have no choice but to meet high expectations while still maintaining high quality everywhere.
Add some harsh competition and some people can even develop panic attacks due to their anxiety (and these are not pleasant).
Anxiety may also occur when facing major life decisions or changes like getting married or moving to another place.
To me, anxiety is something I had for a long time and it manifests itself by keeping me in an elevated cautiousness all the time.
I am also an overthinker and facing serious decisions means I can stew in my own thoughts for VERY long periods of time.
The good thing is that anxiety can be managed, either with therapy, medications or working with yourself.
You may find yourself preferring things that you can do by yourself, at home, and honestly – I prefer it too!
This is where understanding the purpose of an anxiety journal can help you find a relief – both in high anxiety an low anxiety situations.
Anxiety Journal 101
What Is An Anxiety Journal?
An anxiety journal is a printed, DIY’ed or printable tool that you can use to write down your fears and problems.
The purpose of it is to help you to confront your fears, look at them from the outer perspective and therefore reduce your anxiety.
Here are some examples of anxiety journals that I use myself (and you can too! click on the images to find out more about each of them):
How Do You Use Anxiety Journal?
You may think that writing about your anxieties makes even more panicky but in reality, it helps your mind to calm down.
Writing your fears down takes the weight off your mind.
You can start dealing with the thing that is enhancing your anxiety levels.
Once you write your thoughts down and confront them, you are able to let go of your anxiety.
You spend less time worrying and maybe even spot some unrealistic thinking patterns.
It also helps you to identify possible issues that you could face in a stressful situation.
For example, if you are writing down the pressure points that could affect you during an interview, you start to worry about them less.
Who Is An Anxiety Journal For?
Anxiety journals or worry workbooks are designed to be used by anyone.
If you suffer from chronic anxiety, daily journaling can be a soothing activity for you.
Some therapists actually recommend people suffering from anxiety disorders to use journaling as a way to work through your nervousness.
The beauty of printable anxiety tools is that you can download them instantly and start managing your anxiety right away.
The anxiety journals I designed for my readers are also filled with self-soothing activities like mindfulness, trigger-spotting, and cognitive behavior therapy exercises. Check them out here
If you are not suffering from chronic anxiety, anxiety journals can still be beneficial to you.
Even if you only face a few stressful situations, anxiety journals are a healthy, medication-free way to feel better when you’re anxious.
So do not worry about using the journal – it is a tool just like any other for handling stress.
Benefits of Writing In an Anxiety Journal
- Helps you control your emotions. You see, every emotion is legit and completely normal. It’s just the way your body responds to negative thoughts. If you manage to let go of your thoughts or at least change them to something positive, you can immediately feel at least a little better.
- Helps you arrange your thoughts. Stressful situations cause your mind to work overtime. Anxiety journals help you arrange these thoughts in a way that makes more sense. Often you’ll find yourself worrying about things that don’t even exist!
- Helps you confront your fears in a safe space. It is your private domain, comfortable space for you to open up and acknowledge your fears.
- Helps you identify your triggers. Daily journaling and tracking can help you identify the trends that cause stress in your life. Knowledge gives freedom!
- Helps you work through hard feelings in a healthy way.
Tips for Dealing with Anxiety
While anxiety journals are great resources for handling stress and fear, there are other tips that can help you when anxiety kicks in.
I shared some of my favorites before, but here are the ones that you can do right away:
- Breathe, pretty! It is crucial to remember to breathe deeply and often. This seems like a no-brainer but we often forget to breathe when we are in stressful situations. When you feel like an anxiety attack is on the horizon, take a step back, and breathe – slowly, but deeply.
- Let go of the things that you cannot control. In most cases, we stay stressing over the things that we literally have no control over! You should never stress over:
- something that you have already completed;
- other people actions;
These things are out of your control anyway.
Remember – as long as you do your best, the rest is not in your domain.
Dealing with your anxiety in a healthy way is not only possible, but it’s also crucial.
Using an anxiety journal along with the suggested guidelines can help you live a lifestyle that is more stressful.
Also read: 30 ways to calm down your mind
It doesn’t mean you won’t encounter any more anxiety.
It means that when you do encounter it, you will be able to handle it gracefully, like the queen you are.
Curious to try an anxiety journal for dealing with anxiety, withstanding worry spells and finding relief at the comfort of your home?
Grab an instantly downloadable Anxiety Management Bundle to start journaling right away!
You can print and start it in a few minutes and it’s an easy way to start working on your negative thoughts, conquer them and learn to be more positive and brave.
This bundle features 4 most popular printable anxiety journals and tools from the ShineSheets store and is available to download right now!
Write down your thoughts in an anxiety journal, diffuse your worry in a guided workbook, track your sleep and anxiety levels and learn to manage your anxiety safely and medication-free.
And if you want to do a serious mental wellness make-over, make sure to check out the Mindset Super Pack which has both the Anxiety Bundle AND other thought and mental health improving tools form ShineSheets store:
Remember – you are more than your anxiety. You deserve to live a calm and happy life. Once you stop running from those anxious thoughts, they become a lot less scary.
Like these tips? Scroll down for more!