40 Things To Be Grateful For + Printable Gratitude List
Updated on July 12, 2021 by Amber & The Team
In this post we might recommend products that we find helpful or cute. Read our full disclosure here.
IN THIS ARTICLE:
Life can be extremely troubling, exhausting, and unpredictable. If you’re a highly sensitive person, or simply prone to negative thinking, every unfortunate situation can feel like a stab in your belly. It’s easy to get sad and moody over little things (looking at you, the dress I don’t fit in anymore!!), and it can be even harder to withstand serious problems.
With all this uncertainty and madness going on around lately… I can’t help myself but turn to gratitude as often as I can.
Believe it or not, even when it seems like your life is falling to pieces, there’s still a TON of things to be grateful for.
I created this list to remind you, and myself, of all those things we’re usually taking for granted, and all those little privileges we should be simply grateful for every single day.
Sometimes it’s enough to bring a little bit of sunshine to your storm.
The Gratitude List: so many beautiful, and sometimes – unnoticeable things to be grateful for!
1. Physical things to be grateful for
- Clean water to drink and bathe with
- Fresh air to breath
- Warm and comfy bed at night
- Access to a hot shower
- Clean & comfy clothes
- Having shoes to wear
- Having a car or another transportation option
- Having a phone and the ability to call someone whenever needed
2. Spiritual things to be grateful for
- Happy memories
- Having a family
- Being able to love, and be loved
- Being safe
- Being free
3. Sometimes forgotten things to be grateful for
- Being alive
- Access to food and many beautiful tastes of it
- Having a body!
- Ability to use your senses
- Being able to move
- Beautiful dreams
- Comfort-filled silence
- Our planet
4. Societal things to be grateful for
- Access to the internet and vast amounts of information
- Living in great times
- Ability to work and get paid for it
- Having electricity
- Access to fast warmth when it’s cold
5. Nature things to be grateful for
- Sunny summers
- Colorful autumns
- Snowy winters
- Refreshing springs
- The sound of rain
- The smell of rain!
- Rainy days
- Calm evenings
- Birds chirping
6. Beautiful things to be grateful for
- The beauty of music
- The beauty of art
- Good movies
- Smiles of your loved ones
- Pets and their love
As you can see – beauty and happiness are everywhere around. I hope you loved this gratitude list of my favorite things to be grateful for! You can get this as a free printable here: 40 Things to Be Grateful For by ShineSheets
Practicing gratitude may take some effort, but it so worth it once you get the hang of it. The ability to notice all the goodness in your life comes extra handy when life gets hard and you feel like it has become too hard to control your mood. You can ALWAYS turn to this gratitude list to help yourself cope.
If you want to master the art of gratitude and practice noticings the things to be grateful for yourself, do try out my printable gratitude journal. It has a ton of beautiful, positive, and gratitude-filled exercises that both teach you and makes you all warm and fuzzy inside.
Remember – there are so many things to be grateful for, and you only need to decide to see them.
Like these tips? Scroll down for more.