50 Beauty Habits That Help You To Look Stunning And Feel Great
Ah, beauty habits! Don’t we love them?
Researched, written by Amber & The Team
Updated on December 20, 2022
// We recommend helpful products in our articles. Read our full disclosure here.
Ah, beauty habits! Don’t we love them? All those pampering moments spent caring for your skin, making your hair silky and smooth, getting those nails done (or doing them at home with a cozy cup of cocoa)…
There are so many beauty procedures we can try to enhance our beauty, look prettier, and go through this life looking and feeling amazing! But there’s something you probably know – a lot of beauty treatments and procedures are not permanent. To keep their wonderful effect lasting, you have to do them repeatedly – that is, they have to become your beauty habits.
Today, I was in the mood for everything beauty and decided to make a list of beauty habits to choose from this season. You know, you can’t do them all (unless you have all the time in the world!), so having a list like this comes really helpful when you’re considering which beauty habits to spend your time or money on. I hope this will benefit you too. Enjoy!
Beauty Habits For Skin
Dreaming of beautiful and glowing skin? These beauty habits will help you to tackle a bunch of skincare problems like dry skin, rashes, dull skin, and aging skin.
1. Follow a regular skincare routine – both for your face and your body (hint – cleansing is a must twice a day).
2. Use flower water sprays and toners to quench the skin’s thirst and feed it with flower power!
3. Use self-tanning products every week to keep that healthy summer glow.
4. Do (or get) a face massage to smoothen up fine lines + wrinkles and keep your facial muscles toned.
5. Have a glycolic acid or salicylic acid peel once in a while to reveal baby-like skin. A BHA cleanser gives similar results too + helps to minimize acne.
6. Replace your skin care products as soon as they’re nearing their expiration date.
7. Replace your makeup regularly as well – to prevent bacteria growth + keep your complexion clear and healthy.
8. Clean and disinfect your makeup brushes every week to prevent infections (and pimples!). You can use olive oil, makeup remover, or even micellar water to successfully clean your brushes.
9. Do face masks or face packs – whenever you love to! Do it in a shower, before bed, or while working from home… Just do them – it’s an easy way to get and keep healthy skin!
10. Scrub your lips with a lip scrub every morning to keep them plump and soft.
11. Drink beauty smoothies to feed and strengthen your skin from within.
12. Exfoliate your skin once a week to slough off old skin cells and completely remove any sweat (you can also use exfoliating face wipes).
13. Alternate between oils and gels to keep your body skin soft and fresh all the time.
14. Get (or do yourself) a weekly body massage to minimize the appearance of stretch marks and to make your skin firmer.
15. Steam your face once a week to deep clean your pores and “open the doors” for any face mask or moisturizer you use.
16. Put on SPF sunscreen every morning (and reapply too, if you can!) to prevent freckles, age spots, and sun damage. It’s generally recommended to limit sun exposure too.
17. Spray your face with thermal water, a few times a day to keep your skin hydrated (one of the best beauty habits for girls who work on a computer!).
18. Indulge in a homemade face mask once in a while – just because they’re as effective and they’re completely natural + chemical-free. Ever tried a turmeric face mask?
19. Alternate between face serums to tackle a few different skin problems at once.
20. Get a body wrap treatment once in a while to boost circulation and detox your skin.
21. Treat yourself to a beauty facial once in a while – just because you love yourself!
Beauty Habits For Hair
Hair is one of the best accessories you have. These beauty habits should be practiced by everyone who wants to have healthy, lush, and vibrant tresses.
22. Always, always use a hair conditioner after you shampoo (not just for shine – here’s why hair conditioner is important).
23. Do a scalp massage + a deep treatment (like hot oil treatment or hydrating mask) once a week. It will prevent frizz, dryness, and color fade.
24. Visit your hairstylist regularly to keep your hair color and haircut fresh and vibrant.
25. Condition your eyelashes to stimulate their growth (do it at home with castor oil + vitamin E or professionally – by having a conditioning eyelash lift).
Beauty Habits For Hair-Free Skin
Some hair is just not wanted, right? These beauty habits might look basic, but they definitely deserve a part on this list.
26. Review your eyebrow situation every evening to make sure there are no sneaky hairs that should be plucked out.
27. Wax your upper lip once a month to keep your lip line smooth and pretty (hint – it’s best to do it at bedtime to allow any redness or irritation to fade overnight).
28. Depilate or wax your preferred body part regularly to make sure you’re not being stabbed by your own hair.
29. Get your eyebrows professionally shaped (and dyed, if you like!) to make sure you’re keeping them in an even and flattering shape.
Beauty Habits For Nails, Hands, And Feet
You take care of your face and hair, so don’t neglect your hands and feet as well. These easy beauty habits will keep your hands and feet looking and feeling amazing!
30. Fancy a manicure? Get your nails done (or do them at home) to keep your nails + cuticles aesthetic and cute. Plus, pretty nail polish can lift your mood every time you look at your hands.
31. Do the same for your lovely toenails with a regular pedicure.
32. Have lovely foot and hand baths to keep their skin looking healthy and smooth.
33. Apply a hand cream every time you finish doing dishes, or after washing your hands with soap (the king of beauty habits for hands!!).
34. Get (or do at home) acid peels for your feet, once a month – these remove all of the calluses to keep your feet extremely soft and good-looking.
Healthy Beauty Habits
Your beauty shines the most when you are healthy, happy, and in peace with yourself. Incorporate these beauty habits into your routine to enhance your beauty from within.
35. Drink protein shakes, collagen, and hyaluronic acid supplements once in a while to provide your body + skin with complete amino acids.
36. Have daily exercise to flush out toxins, keep a nice shape, and fantastic mood (this is one of the best beauty habits for absolutely anyone!)
37. Have a healthy, clean diet that is rich in vegetables, fruits, healthy fats, and lean protein.
38. Take your vitamins regularly.
39. Correct your posture several times throughout the day – to make sure you look great and keep your spine in a healthy, straight position.
Other Beauty Habits
These beauty habits couldn’t fit into any other section, so these are miscellaneous, yet very useful beauty habits that improve your beauty inside and out.
40. A must! Brush your teeth at least every morning and evening.
41. Hydration is important too. Drink a lot of water to keep your skin, hair, and muscles hydrated and happy.
42. Enjoy quick, daily aromatherapy sessions to boost your mood + feel and look relaxed and content.
43. Make sure you take enough time for yourself to rest and relax (daily!).
44. Make sure to sleep at least 8 hours a day (in my opinion, one of the best beauty habits of all time!). Change your pillowcase regularly to prevent breakouts as well.
45. Love life and yourself, the way you are, and don’t let anyone tell you that you are not pretty!
46. Hug yourself every morning and evening to say “hey, I’m here for you”.
47. Handle yourself with care, and ditch bad beauty habits as soon as they find a way into your life.
48. Stretch your muscles or enjoy balancing yoga whenever possible to get back to the present moment and connect with your body.
49. Share the beauty of your soul with others by giving, helping, or caring for those who need it.
50. Smile to yourself and the life around you.
Having Beauty Habits Is… Beautiful.
I hope you enjoyed this beauty habits list and found a lot of ideas for your beauty routine!
I don’t think there can ever be too many beauty habits in our life… But doing just a few of these is already nice, isn’t it? Take care of yourself to feel a deep and honest connection between your outside and inside. Enrich your soul by showing yourself love. Beautify your appearance by making yourself healthier, happier, and brighter… If not now, then when?
Like these beauty habits? Scroll down for more content like this!
"We love to research, examine, analyze, and present to you the best ideas that make life better. You can learn about our editorial standards here."
This article was proofread by Grammarly